|| Creative Director
San Diego, CA
|| Creative Director, Product Experience
The Creative Director is a proven leader, effective communicator and an exceptional motivator. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of product designers. You will be responsible for the creative strategy and general direction for the user experience across the company's product portfolio of software experiences. In collaboration with the senior management, product and development teams, this person ensures the quality of the concept and the work produced.
• Help define vision and mission and drive the the day-to-day team responsibilities to deliver exceptional consumer-facing experiences within the company software applications.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects, within deadlines.
• Lead multidisciplinary teams in the creation of best-in-class user experience.
• Enable the creation of concept models, user interface sketches, and schematics.
• Provide leadership, training, and mentorship to other interaction, visual and motion designers working on the company software applications (across products).
• Contribute in establishing a design culture and process within the product experience design team and across the company.
| ||Desired Skills and Qualifications
10+ years experience in creative/design
Demonstrated ability to mentor, counsel and lead teams
Expert knowledge with Adobe Suite of products - Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
High attention to detail and accuracy
Hands on writer or visual designer
Able to think big picture
Able to sketch/rapid prototype
Several examples of successfully launched projects which demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking for software products.
Proven experience in a high level Senior Interaction Design role
A solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles as applied to software products.
Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large + complex systems of interactions.
A thorough understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies.
Able to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems across mobile and web.
Experience leading a design team/managing direct reports.
In possession of excellent interpersonal communication skills, analytical and leadership skills .
Must be organized, able to act independently, make definitive decisions and switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
Can work with grace under pressure
Demonstrated thought leadership in at least one of the following domains; product design, commerce, mobile, branding, retail, and social media a plus
Proven leadership across disciplines and channels in traditional and some digital agency experience.